Which type of application are you using? is it web based or normal?
If it is web based are you trying to record the script for functional or HTTP task?
In genaral you should not face any problem to record the script but you may face the problem in identifying the objects sometimes.
every time I tried to launch browser, I got the page cannot be displayed
where are you facing this problem, while recording or while opening the application itself (before recording the script)?
I have a problem recording the test. After I cofigure all the settings(I've read very carefully about the message on the following link: http://www.qaforums.com/ultimatebb.p...f=43;t=000692)
every time I tried to launch browser, I got the page cannot be displayed. I grabed the screen shot and sent it to the technical support at AutomatedQA, but haven't got any response. Any input will be highly appreciated.
Thanks for your reply. I am testing web based application, and trying to record the script for HTTP task. Here is the steps I got from Technical support at AutomatedQA:
1. Set up Internet Explorer so that it worked over your company's proxy server, but do not use automatic configuration script - specify the needed parameters manually.
2. After you do this, please use the same parameters (proxy server's name and port number) in TestComplete's proxy settings.
3. Change Internet Explorer proxy settings so that it used TestComplete as a proxy server.
I did follow the above steps, but I got the page cannít be found error message every time I launched IE after I clicked Record button. To my knowledge, after the Record button pressed, the TestComplete should act as proxy server to help me to find the tested web server, but looks like it could not find the server. So the problem I am facing is opening the browser while recording.
This is very very weird problem, and I donít think this is very common problem. I would like to share with you guys once the problem resolved. Thanks
You do the following settings and then try to record the script.
1. Test complete settings
File->Instal Extenstions here Check the box "HTTP Load Testing" if this extention is not available there add it from its location.
2.Goto Options->Engine Options->HTTP Load Testing->
i. Recorder Proxyport (set this which is given in test complete Default 9090)
ii.Firewall settings 1. Use HTTP Proxy (check it if your application needs HTTP proxy server)then need to give Proxy and port services. If your application is not required server authentication then don't check it.
3. Now come to Internet Explorer
Tools-> Internet Options ->Connections->LANSettings
i. uncheck top two check boxes(1. Automatically detect settings, 2.use automatic configuration script)
ii.check the box "Use a proxy server for your LAN"
a.Address set to "localhost"
b. Port (same as which was set "Recorder Proxyport" in test complete. i,e., 9090)
iii. Uncheck "Use proxy server for local addresses"
Please give me some additional info:
What HTTP proxy software do you use?
What type of user authentication does your proxy server use?
Do you have any firewall in your network? It may appear that it blocks TestComplete's traffic.
Try disabling all firewall and antivirus software you have installed (or configure them to allow TestComplete access the network) and see if the problem remains.
If the problem still exists, please do the following:
1. Download and install the Ethereal network traffic analyzer (it is freely available at http://www.ethereal.com/distribution/win32/).
2. Start capturing network traffic in Ethereal.
3. Go to your Web site via your proxy server (not via TestComplete's proxy server).
4. Stop capturing traffic
5. Save captured traffic to a file (File | Save As...).
6. Start capturing network traffic again.
7. Start recording an HTTP Load Testing task in TestComplete and navigate to your Web site in IE.
8. After you get the "Page not found" error in IE, stop recording a task and stop capturing traffic.
9. Save the captured traffic to a file
10. Send the files to our Support Team.