Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Click button with no response

Hi All,

I have encountered a very serious problem:
    in my computer, all scripts runs successfully.
    But when i run them in another test machine, in some forms, when i click a button, there are no response! This happens about 80%, another 20% have response, anyone have any idea about this?
    I use TestComplete4.0, my test app is build on MFC, all buttons been subclassed by BCGPButton.

Regards,
    Neil

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Click button with no response

Hi Atanas,

My application work fine, and in my computer, all scripts work fine. But in another test machine(which is quite clean, only installed AutomateBuildStudio and TestComplete use Win2000 just as my machine).

In some forms of my application, when you manually click a button, it always works, but use script to click that button, will get no response!

I tried many ways, include use "Tab" to move focus to the button, then press "Enter", use "WaitChild()" method of the father form to get this button, Delay script a few seconds, then click again and again, etc. But all result are same!

Any idea?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Neil,

Having a hard time to understand your issue. Is this related to TestComplete ? Does your application work fine (and the buttons do respond) on those other systems ?

Atanas

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Neil,

Can you send to our support your application (or a sample app that uses those button controls) to try to duplicate the issue on our end ? We have really not heard of anything resembling your problem.

Atanas

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Neil,

I do face the same problem with my script some time ago.
    Then I tried using page.Refresh() after opening home page and before doing actions (click, check etc)

The thing happened with my application was after loading the main page all the properties used to change so I used aboove method it worked fine.

Hope this works to you as well.

Regards
    Proven
    Proven
    YOu need to see from other angle of the problem if you struck with any problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hello All

I saw a similar problem on my Win2K machine. Sometimes a button click would work other times not, especially if I was running a Project Suite with several projects. I switched the Real_Time Mode to "on" and the problem is gone. I couldn't tell you why?
    WHopkins

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,

I switched the Real_Time Mode to "on" and the problem is gone. I couldn't tell you why?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Most likely, the problem you faced was a timing issue: The script was being executed too fast and the application under test did not have enough time to update its state. That is, some windows that were needed to perform an action were not yet available or were disabled. As a result, the script failed.
    If you can send us (support@automatedqa.com) your TestComplete project along with the results of its unsuccessful execution, we will be able to give you a more precise answer.

Atanas

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

We encountered the same issue with one of our applications. We were able to resolve it using a Sys.Delay() in TestComplete at the point that the application we were testing needed time to refresh.