Viewing TestLog Results in Browser

Is it possible to view the TestLog results in any browser other than IE.

IE is taking lot of time to open the testresults (atleast min 10mins).

Is there any other browser that can open the testlog results much quicker than IE?

I tried with Netscape 7.2, Mozillia 1.1 and Mozilla FireFox 1.2. I was not able to open the TestLog Results in any of the browsers. The error i got while opening the TestResults XML file was

"The associated Style Sheet not found".

Anyone please help me in this regard.

Re: Viewing TestLog Results in Browser

Hi Jayanth

Unfortunately, IE is the only supported browser for viewing results. The slowness you're seeing has to do with IE's XML parser. More info is provided at the link below.

Hope this helps,

Hi Nick,

Thank you very much for the help.

I have already blocked logging of events in my test results, still my results are larger enough to get open instantly in IE.

Is there any other way to slove the problem?

Hi Jayanth,

The only alternative is to browse large results in TestComplete 3.0 using the Load Results... command of the Test Log panel's context menu: right-click somewhere in the Test Log panel and the select the Load Results... menu item.

You could also try a .xml to .csv converter for this jayanth.

Dump your .xml file into .csv, then parse the .csv file into Excel or another such reporting tool. I found this works very well for big logs, and gives me the ability to create graphs etc for management.

If you can automate this process you can workaround this issue.

If you want to ultimately display your logs in a web browser, you can still use .csv. I am not 100% sure of how to do it, I have very limited web programing knowledge, but I have seen the technical debate on XML vs CSV for certain web based applications. Perhaps you can search and see if there is a way to call in your csv into a web page rather than pure XML (apparently it can be signifigantly faster).

I hope that helps some [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

frogware inc.
    Raif Murray
    frogware inc.