Editors not independent (3.011.3190.0, XP SP 2)
I may not be using TC right but I find the following behavior annoying so here it is:
- I work with one file
- At the beginning I have data that I need to edit
- I use the recording feature to get the numbers I need to set in my script.
- The recording is at the end of the file
- I open a new editor to be able to edit the beginning of the file while having the end of the file as a reference in the other editor.
- I have my two editors with the right part of the file visible at the same time.
- I edit the beginning of the file to enter the numbers visible in the other editor
- As soon as I edit the file, the other editor scrolls it's content to the line I am editing so I can't read the reference recording anymore.
No very useful :-)
Re: Editors not independent (3.011.3190.0, XP SP 2)
You are right - the second editor should not change its scroll bar position.
I've registered this issue in our bug-tracking system. Thanks for reporting the problem.
In the meantime, I can propose you the following workaround: activate some other unit (not the one you are going to edit) before recording.