Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

record causes desktop to hang ??

Hello,

I have just downloaded the TestComplete Demo and am attempting to record. When I click on rec the record toolbar pops up but the desktop hangs. I am unable to do anything ? ctrl-alt-del which stops the record is the only way to re-activate my desktop

any ideas ?
    rgds
    Elaine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: record causes desktop to hang ??

Found the problem !!

Q.: I'm having issues using the Record (Shift + F1) functionality in TestComplete. The recording toolbar pops up and then my UI completely locks up and all I can do is ctrl-alt-del to break out of it. I haven't been able to pin-point the circumstances of when/why it locks up. What's wrong with TestComplete?

A.: TestComplete sets the Windows journal hook when it starts recording keyboard and mouse events. More than likely, one of your programs (maybe the print spooler service or one of applications listed below) conflicts with the journal hook. If so, you need to terminate that program before recording scripts with TestComplete.

GotoMyPC
    Shell+ components for Borland Delphi
    TPHKMGR.EXE (it is installed on IBM ThinkPad laptop computers and helps activate the custom "ThinkPad Help" key as well as the Audio (volume up/down/mute) keys located on the laptops.)
    To check whether the problem arises due to the conflict with the journal hook, download a program using the link below, unzip and launch it, click the Journal hook checkbox and see if the system behaves the same way it did when TestComplete was in recording mode: http://www.automatedqa.com/downloads...urnalhook.zip.

By the way, there is no need to kill TestComplete via the Task Manager when it locks up due to that journal hook conflict: it is possible to reset the journal hook by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del or Ctrl+Esc.