Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Searching in the Datagrid

Hi All,
    I am new to the TestComplete, i am creating scripts on a .NET application and the operating system is windows. Our problem is we are having a form in which we do a search using an ID, The search results in a datagrid at the bottom of the form. Now if i want to select a particular record how can i search in the grid? If any one is having a solution please let me know and by the way we are creating the scripts in C#.
    Thanks
    Jay

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Searching in the Datagrid

Hi Jay

Head on over to http://www.automatedqa.com/products/...e/tc_grids.asp

there's a boatload of stuff there that you might find useful.

Hope this helps,
    Nick

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Searching in the Datagrid

Hello Jay,

Please see the 'Working With Grids' help topic. It describes in general how TestComplete works with grid controls. Please also note that there are a couple of sample TestComplete projects that demonstrates working with the most widespread grid controls. I do not know which exactly control you have, but I think you can find the appropriate sample there.

Atanas