Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Test Complete evaluation in comparison with other tools

Hello,

Does anyone performed an evaluation of Test Complete in comparison to other tools from the market?
    We are interested to buy TestComplete, but I would like to see a document describing how Test Complete performs compared to other tools (Compuware, Segue, Rational, Mercury, etc).
    I am particularly interested in two issues: database testing and script recording for GUI testing.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated,

Thanks,

Ioana Goga
    APIWeb Romania
    Ioana Goga
    APIWeb Romania

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Test Complete evaluation in comparison with other tools

Ioana,

We tried Robot and Compuware vs TestComplete. We were interested in distributed testing (client server stuff). In the end we found Robot to be impenetrable - it's help system is atrocious, considering how much it costs. We spent two days trying to figure out how to enumerate the nodes in an ordianry TreeView (and didn't succeed). The same task took less than half an hour with TestComplete. We had little more success with Compuware.

I know this isn't an in depth analysis, but we found TestComplete to be easy to understand, it has a great help system (vital when coming to a new product), and great support too - even to Demo users (though we really have no right to expect that!).

Don't rely on our say-so, my suggestion is to demo as many products as you can (though getting a demo out of Rational was also a grand P.I.T.A.).

We found that when it comes to capability vs cost, TestComplete had the rest beat hands-down.
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read