Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I need a hand for working with "OnLogError"

Hi,

I wrote this code to do some error-handling
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">
    function OnLogError(Sender, LogParams)
    {
    Log.Message(&quot;foobar&quot;, &quot;This could be your add&quot;
    snapshot(Sys[&quot;ActiveWindow&quot;](), &quot;Whole Screen&quot;
    LogParams[&quot;Locked&quot;] = true;
    } </pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">But this wont be executed ever.
    I also tested it by calling
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"> Log.Error(&quot;Big bad error happened&quot;
    </pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">But no gain neither...

I tried to see any Events in the Component Inspector but found nothing there.
    The events are located in the ActiveX wizard pane.
    I do not have any forms in my Project and even if I add one I cannot add anything on it.
    (Or I went totally wrong during creation)

greetings
    Jan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: I need a hand for working with "OnLogError"

Hi Jan,

Your actions should be as follow:
    1. Ensure that ProjectEvents are set to be added to the new project (Options | Engine Options... | Project events | Insert ProjectEvents in new project property is checked)
    2. Create a new project. It will include two files: Unit1.s* and Unit1.f* that correspond to the code and form correspondingly
    3. Open Form from the code window (View | View Form...)
    4. The form should contain the ProjectEvents control. Select it and switch to the Component Inspector (View | Panels | Component Inspector)
    5. In the Component Inspector select Events tab and double click on the OnLogError entry. This will create the OnLogError() function in the source code file. Insert the code you need in the created function.
    6. Run the script and verify that it works.

Hope this will help.
    Regards,
    Alex
    [TeamAQA]
    ================================