Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Dual Monitors and TestComplete

I am running a dual monitor system which can be really convenient. I run test complete on one monitor and the application under test on the second.

I have found that recorded scripts for a simple tasks such as a drag operation sometimes fail to execute properly. The cursor jumps from one monitor to the other and back again in the middle of the drag, losing the object.

Do I need to ditch the second monitor or is there a workaround for this?

Thanks,

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Dual Monitors and TestComplete

HI Mike,

We are aware of the following issue with TestComplete 3.08: if the primary monitor is the right one, drag&drop operations, recorded on it are played back on the secondary monitor (the left one) by TestComplete. This issue will be fixed in the next update. If you are having a different problem, please describe the configuration of your dual monitor system in detail and specify the exact steps to reproduce the problem.
    Regards,
    Bobby Edgar
    Olagoo.com
    Save on AutomatedQA Products

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Dual Monitors and TestComplete

Bobby,

Your description seems to match my symptoms. I will test out the fix when the next update is released.

Thanks,

Mike