Thread: Debugging....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Debugging....

I am evaluating Test Complete and wrote some of my first lines and tried to execute them. It was successful but a few error cropped up. For example.

Could not find window.

In the test log I wanted to see where in my code this was happening. Problem is I can't see a way to do this. Am I just missing something or is this just the way test complete works.

Thanks,
    ~CL~
    Thanks,
    ~Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Debugging....

Hi cliss,
    I guess this is one major drawback that AutomatedQA guys should look into. IN TC, there is absolutely no way of finding out the line number in the script where the error occured. The only way is to put messages to the log & find out where exactly the error occured.

AutomatedQA, plz correct me if i am wrong...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Debugging....

Hi Charles and Vineet,

DelphiScript has a similar feature implemented: the number of the script line is displayed in the Remarks pane of the Test Log panel. Unfortunately, it is not possible to implement it for the other languages, because TestComplete uses Microsoft Debug Manager for VBScript and JScript, which does not return information regarding the line number where an error occurred.
    Regards,
    Bobby Edgar
    Olagoo.com
    Save on AutomatedQA Products