Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Launch and run Tests of TC8 via Batch file.

This is a very basic requirement I feel, and must have been done by most of you guys.

Once an Application Build is ready, TC8 should be launched running the desired Project, Execution result should be sent via emails. In brief - An Overnight 'Auto' run.

Now this can be scheduled, but I wish it to be triggered with the creation of a build (which is again an automated process).

I need to prepare a batch file which would monitor if a new build folder is created. If yes it should launch TC8 with project path as parameter. And the execution of the TC8 scripts should be started without any human intervention.

Suggestions on how this can be done. How can TC8 be called to run a project.
    -Mash

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Launch and run Tests of TC8 via Batch file.

Command line parameters are supported by TestComplete. Actually, if you have the license, I'd suggest using TestExecute as it is lighter weight.

In any case, you can find documentation on the command line params at http://smartbear.com/support/viewarticle/10998/
    -Robert Martin
    Automated Testing Evangelists
    TestComplete "expert"
    Definition expert - noun - Unknown drip under pressure