Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Working with Eclipse

I'm having a few problems working with Eclipse

1) First - are there any plug-ins or things required for me to get "extra info" from using the Object spy? It seems to be limited. Note - I've installed the java plugins from the help topic - I mean extra things to be added (possibly through Object Mapping or MSAA)

2) The Package explorer is a tree view but not unique. The bottom panel is almost identical making the findchild method not work very well. Is there any way I can access the package explorer tree consistently using this method?

3) On two separate versions of eclipse, the code is VERY different. I need this to run on multiple versions (3.4-3.7 primarily) but the path on mine is SWTObject("Composite") and is Window("SWT_Window0") on another machine. Why is that and how can I make it consistent?

Any advice would be really appreciated.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Working with Eclipse

Hi,

1. There're no extra plug-ins, the current SWT support implementation provides access to all available class members. Note that any Java applications have a limited number of properties available in TC. This is because of Java implementation - its classes don't have properties (as .NET, VCL, etc.). You should use methods and fields of your application's classes to get some extended info. You can do this in the way you'd do inside a Java application.
    2. You can use conditional mode to, for example, map the top and bottom panels by their position (like if Top is less than some value, this is the upper panel, if it is greater, this is the bottom panel). This should allow you to distinguish between them. Also, if these objects have different children, you can use this to recognize your objects by their child objects.
    3. It looks like your application is not recognized as open on the problematic machine (where object names are 'Window(...)'). Make sure that the required plug-ins are enabled there and that your application is not filtered out with the process filter. Also, to ensure that there're no security issues, launch your application via TestedApps, and start TC with administrator permissions.
    Jared - AQA Support

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Jared,
    I got most everything working - just one more issue to work through.

I can get the 32 bit JVM to work on the Java bridge without any issues but I am having a really hard time getting the 64 bit JVM to work. Does TestComplete support 64 bit JVMs?

It seems like there's no /client/jvm.dll so we tried to specify the /server/jvm.dll but it doesn't recognize it (nor does it give me access to the Java properties).

What is the work around for this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,

Can you tell me the exact JRE version you're using? I need to know this to test it here. In general, x64 JREs should work.
    Jared - AQA Support

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    Hi,

Can you tell me the exact JRE version you're using? I need to know this to test it here. In general, x64 JREs should work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Jared,

Currently working with JRE6 (JDK 1.6.0_24 I believe is the one we downloaded).

I tried a couple - none of them seem to have the /client directly and the dll from the /server doesn't seem to return anything when I save (clicking on the ellipse doesn't show it in the drop down list).

Any advice/suggestions

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Jared, did you have any luck reproducing this issue?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,

As I can see, David is also working on the same problem with you in this thread. I suggest that we continue there.
    Jared - AQA Support