Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How to verify grid order in testComplete

Hey guys,

Im working on trying to verify a grid order but Im a bit stuck.

For example, I added 4 rows to a grid. I have the ability to change their order (so move 1st to 4th). I am trying to figure out a way to verify that once I've moved the 1st row to the 4th position - that it's correct and actually showing in the 4th row.

I don't have any code for this (I think I can come up with that on my own) - Im more struggling with how to verify a correct order from a grid. I guess - Im missing the logic on how to accomplish this.

Anyone ever have to do something similar and maybe have some testing approach they found successful?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to verify grid order in testComplete

Depends on your grid component.

There is, in TC 8, something called a "Table" check point that will capture the contents of a grid component and store it for checking. You might be able to utilize that.

I've worked with grid components that the data is given out internally as a CSV layout that I can then copy into a file and compare to another CSV file.
    -Robert Martin
    Automated Testing Evangelists
    TestComplete "expert"
    Definition expert - noun - Unknown drip under pressure

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to verify grid order in testComplete

[ QUOTE ]
    Depends on your grid component.

There is, in TC 8, something called a "Table" check point that will capture the contents of a grid component and store it for checking. You might be able to utilize that.

I've worked with grid components that the data is given out internally as a CSV layout that I can then copy into a file and compare to another CSV file.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Robert,

Thank you kindly for your quick reply.

Im using a CommonEventTable (which is a Java SwingObject). I'm going to look into the table checkpoint as you suggested... I see you can do that with keyword testing - is there an easy way to create these checkpoints via scripting? I do almost everything in JScript - I try to avoid keyword or playback/record options as much as possible.

Unfortnately, there's no export to CVS option so that won't be a valid solution. Hopefully though I can get the checkpoint to work in this situation. I know the order I want to see - I'm just not sure how to testcomplete what I want it to do [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Appreciate your feedback - thanks so much!

EDIT: Table checkpoints doesn't seem to work for me - I was getting an error stating "there is nothing to store". Do you have any other suggestions? I'm currently trying a loop to cycle through all the rows in the grid but I don't think I'm using the correct methods (or maybe my logic is just wrong)

I'd appreciate any help you guys can give. thanks