Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Storing results on Linux from TestComplete

Hello,
    Here is the flow how I have implemneted it right now:

shellScript ----calls--> Perlscript --calls--> vbs script --starts--> Testcomplete Tests

Testcomplete then run the script and create a result file.

Here is my question, when I start the shell script Testcomplete does kickoff and executes the script, but I use pscp.exe to transfer the result file back to linux box. This is where the problem is, pscp command does not execute at all, I use wscript to do this job, here is the snippet of the code:

command = "c:\tools\pscp.exe -i c:\tools\privatekey.txt -pw ***** c:\tools\2011_06_13_05_AdminGUI.txt root@<linux-location>:tmp"

Set Oshell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    Set oExec = Oshell.Exec(command)
    log.Message "OExec status is : " & oExec.Status

When TC executes this command, I see a command window with with title "pscp.exe" nothing happens. Why is that? If I execute just the vbs file, this above command executes fine. What is the issue here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Storing results on Linux from TestComplete

I'm not familiar with pscp myself... but is it possible that there are certain things it needs in a working directory? I think wehat' you'll need to do is in the Oshell you'll have to set the "CurrentDirectory" property to C:\tools\.

See if that helps.
    -Robert Martin
    Automated Testing Evangelists
    TestComplete "expert"
    Definition expert - noun - Unknown drip under pressure

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thank you Robert for your reply. I have pscp is the PATH it should have picked up. In the script I did set currentdirectory, still I have seen same issue.

Any ideas please?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,

Actually, TC shouldn't affect commands which you call via WScript.Shell since they are executed by an external COM object. TC just calls it methods.

Does it help if you execute your command via CMD?
    <font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>command = "cmd /c ""c:\tools\pscp.exe -i c:\tools\privatekey.txt -pw ***** c:\tools\2011_06_13_05_AdminGUI.txt root@&lt;linux-location&gt;:tmp"""</pre><hr />
    Jared - AQA Support

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Another possibility could be permissions. I know that, for certain commands that I want to execute via WScript.Shell, I need to make sure that TC is running as a local admin to execute otherwise they won't run or won't run properly.
    -Robert Martin
    Automated Testing Evangelists
    TestComplete "expert"
    Definition expert - noun - Unknown drip under pressure

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thank you for all who replied. I found the issue, the service that I am running on windows does not do IO. So that means when I run the service manually and then execute my script then that works fine. We are thinking of starting the server as soon as user logs in.

Thank you once again.

Lax