Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Issue with treeList after upgrade

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone could help me.
    I recently upgraded TC7 to TC8 and our development team recently upgraded DevExpress from 9.2 to 10.
    I'm not sure if it is one of the upgrades that is causing the issue but I'm guessing if it is one, then it would be the DevExpress one.
    My problem is that these lines of my script used to work

treeList = Aliases["Multiview"]["QueryFrm"]["QueryTreeList"];

row = treeList["FocusedNode"]["Id"];
    column = treeList["FocusedColumn"]["Caption"];
    treeList["ClickCell"](row, column);

but don't work anymore. The row and column are working but the ClickCell method isn't. Here's the error I'm getting in the Log -

Possible reasons:
    1. The application stopped responding.
    2. The application was compiled incorrectly (see the Open Applications topic in the help system).
    3. An error occurred in TestComplete.

Technical information:
    379 0x80070057 (The parameter is incorrect.)

Any ideas?!

Thanks,
    Lyne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Issue with treeList after upgrade

Hi mvLyne,

Here is a copy of our reply sent to you via e-mail:
    [ QUOTE ]

First of all, please update to TestComplete 8.50 and check whether the problem persists in this version. If it does, please check whether your minor version of the controls is listed in the "DevExpressXtraTreeList Object" (http://smartbear.com/support/viewarticle/11563/) help topic. If it is, please follow the steps below to help us investigate the problem:

1. Request & download AQtime Standard, which is our free profiling tool, from the following page:
    http://smartbear.com/products/free-t...ndard/sign-up/

2. Install the tool.

3. Start AQtime with the -NotOpenApp command-line argument. For example, you can use the following command line:
    "c:\Program Files\Automated QA\AQtime 7\Bin\AQtime.exe" -NotOpenApp

4. Select the 'File | New Project From Module...' main menu item.

5. In the Open File dialog, select the the tested application's executable file and click Open.

6. Take a look at the AQtime toolbar - there is a combo box. Open it and select the "Tracing | Exception Trace Profiler" item.

7. Select the "Options | Options..." main menu command - the Options dialog will appear.

8. Set the "Profiling Time | Event View | General | Exceptions | Depth shown" setting to 100 and click OK.

9. Start the tested application via selecting "Run | Run" in AQtime's main menu..

10. Reproduce the problem.

11. After the problem occurs, right-click somewhere within the Event View panel (it is opened by default at the bottom of AQtime's window) and select the 'Save All...' item.

12. Save the panel's contents to an HTML file and send me the file.

Thanks in advance.

BTW, in the meantime as a workaround you can try using the sample script provided in the following How To entry to click your XtraTreeList cells:
    http://smartbear.com/support/viewarticle/8984/

[/ QUOTE ]
    Regards,
    Allen - SmartBear Support