Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Problem while clicking on winedit btn in TC

Hi,

I need to click on any one object in a highlighted area and those objects are recognizing as window edit.
    [For example Sys.Process("prowin32", 2).Window("ProMainWin", "Work Centre Session Selection", 2).Window("ProClientWin", "", 1).Window("ProFrame", "", 1).Window("Edit", "", 39) ] with wText.

I am Identifying the specific object by comparing the wText property value with the expected value which is passed as parameter and I had tried to click on particular window object based on the index of object(Window edit objects) but got the error message as “The window is disbled.The action cannot be executed”

And here I can’t use the XY coordinates approach to click on the particular object as the location of the object will change based on the work centre name which is passed as parameter.

Please find the snaps of object and object browser properties in the attachment

Please let me know any other work around.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Problem while clicking on winedit btn in TC

The object which "object's properties" you attached in screenshot is disabled (Enable property is set to FALSE).
    Test Complete message "The window is disabled.The action cannot be executed" is trying to explain it to you. Are you sure that you need to click this particular edit ? Why would you like to click an edit control?

You said that first you search for object. Maybe you found wrong one ?
    regards,
    Lukasz Morawski, QA Engineer
    Cognifide testing blog
    PTaQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for your reply Lukasz Morawski.

Actaully, the object which i am trying to click is an option which is available on my application.

To select that object, I need to click on that object(You ca observe the screen shot which i have attached, In that the object i am clicking is looks like an button but testcomplete is recognizing it as Sys.Process("prowin32", 2).Window("ProMainWin", "Work Centre Session Selection", 2).Window("ProClientWin", "", 1).Window("ProFrame", "", 1).Window("Edit", "", 39)

and There are around 42 objects are available in my application(so i need to click on one at time based on the parameter which is passed to this function)
    please see the below script which i have written to click on that object

'Defining the object
    Set WCProClientWin = Sys.Process("prowin32", 2).Window("ProMainWin", "Work Centre Session Selection", 2).Window("ProClientWin", "", 1)

If WCProClientWin.Exists Then
    'To get the object count
    sCount = WCProClientWin.Window("ProFrame", "", 1).ChildCount

For i = 0 to sCount - 1
    sWindowText = WCProClientWin.Window("ProFrame", "", 1).Window("Edit", "", i).wText

If Trim(sWindowText) = Trim(sWorkCentreCode) Then

Call WCProClientWin.Window("ProFrame", "", 1).Window("Edit", "", i).Click
    Exit For
    End If

End If

In the above code "sWorkCentreCode" will be passed as parameter (Expected object wText)

Please let me know if you need more information

Thanks,
    Santhosh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

For searching objects you can use .Find(), .FindAll() or .FindAllChildren() methods. It's better than iterating and comparing values.

But regarding problem with Edit control, I can't help.
    Maybe it's problem with your tested application. Read "Open Application" help topic in Help. Maybe you can open it somehow (I assume that it's closed and TC do not see it as open). Do you run your application from TestedApp collection ?
    regards,
    Cognifide testing blog
    PTaQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Yes, i am running application from the TestedApp collection.
    Is there any other way to set the value of "Enabled" property into True and again Try to click on that edit button.

Or else please let me know can we enable the edit control by setting focus on that or else by using any other way?

Thanks,
    Santhosh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I do not think that enabling is possible by setting the true value. I belive that it's read-only. Maybe you could contact with Automated QA support regarding this issue. Crucial is why your button is seen as edit.
    regards,
    Cognifide testing blog
    PTaQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Ok.I'll contact Automated QA support.