Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Using TestComplete with Microsoft word

Hi there,

Ive been given a task on automating a portion of Microsoft word with TestComplete.

The problem is - I can't seem to see any of the ribbon buttons (or most anything at all) and Im not exactly sure why. I don't get any fields, ribbon controls, basically nothing apart from the top menu bar that I can't seem to do much with.

When I try to playback and record - I only get the coordinates.

I assume TestComplete DOES work with MS Word - so I'm obviously missing something. Been searching the help files but the only thing they list is how to use manual tests from word to TestComplete, not how to actually automate MS Word.

Has anyone done this before and perhaps has suggestions?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Using TestComplete with Microsoft word

Ah I actually figured it out based on what I was seeing from the object spy

You need to add NetUIHWND to your MSAA controls to see panels (for others who will have this problem in the future).

I'm not sure if anything else is necessary - but Im sure the folks at AutomatedQA will chime in if there's more to add [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

And here is more on how to do it: