Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Unable to recognize object

I have java objects when you click on it will have a popup see attachment. TC can not recognize any of the object in the popup. all I see is

Sys.Process("iexplore").Window("Internet Explorer_Server", "", 1)] as the object.

I talked to the developers and they said they are using following method.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(v=vs.85).aspx
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ===========================================

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Unable to recognize object

Refer to Project Properties - MSAA Options

Do the following to gain access to your drop-down (popup):

TC8 -> Tools -> Current Project Properties -> MSAA

Be sure 'Internet Explorer_Server' is listed in the window and is checked.

Your should now get something similar to the following
    of your dropdown:

Checkbox text:
    Sys.Process("iexplore", 2).Pane("Numeric Statistics").Table(0).Cell(0).Table(0).Cell(1).Edi t("All CDMs")

Checkbox:
    Sys.Process("iexplore", 2).Pane("Numeric Statistics").Table(0).Cell(0).Table(0).Cell(0).Che ckBox(0)

OK button:
    Sys.Process("iexplore", 2).Pane("Numeric Statistics").Table(0).Cell(9).Button("OK")

etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

In addition to James' comments, try the help topic "Testing Modal Windows" - I had similar problems with popups and got it around it by using that.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Antoney,

It looks like you're using TC 8. There's a problem when recognizing objects that reside in a menu created with "createPopup()". We'll work to fix it in future product updates.

As a workaround, you can use the code below. After you have followed JamesK's suggestion, you'll be able to enable/disable the needed check box by using the following code:
    Sys.Process("iexplore").Window("Internet Explorer_Server", "", 1).CheckBox(0).DoDefaultAction();

The code below is to click the "OK" button:
    Sys.Process("iexplore").Window("Internet Explorer_Server", "", 1).Button("OK").DoDefaultAction();
    Best regards,
    David - SmartBear Support

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I was able to recognize the checkbox object after going through James setup.

I could see object as follows.
    Sys.Process("iexplore", 2).Pane("Numeric Statistics").Table(0).Cell(0).Table(0).Cell(1).Edi t("All CDMs")

If I do a RowCount on table Sys.Process("iexplore", 2).Pane("Numeric Statistics").Table(0).RowCount

TC 8 stops the script when I do a rowcount. I did a object spy and it takes very long time to recognize the object but there is no RowCount property in the object spy either.

I tried with TC 7.52 and it works fine in 7.52. I was able to find the rowcount. I looked in MSAA section and [Internet Explorer_Server] was not checked but still worked.

Is there a patch for this issue instead of waiting for the release which is in few months.

I have lot of pop up like this in my application.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Antoney,

Unfortunately, we cannot create a fix for you before the release, sorry. However, the new product version will be released sooner than you suppose (within a couple of weeks or so). Please wait until the new product update is ready.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Best regards,
    David - SmartBear Support

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

In case if others are having same issues here is the fix.

You can download it from here:

http://downloads.automatedqa.com/sup...8-d65da0c62d16

Unpack the archive to the "<TestComplete 8.10>\Bin\Extensions" directory. Back up the original file beforehand, just in case.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I actually struggled with this exact problem and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. Thanks for the link and topic Antoney - this helps and makes me realize Im not being crazy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

One comment - if you can get into the menu you can use shortcut keys as a work around. This is what I did... so instead of clicking on X menu item from within the popup I just sent a keys command of F12 (for example) if that did the same thing.

Of course, this needs to be coded from your development team so it might not be an option for everyone