| || |
Exception on Clicking a button via automation
I am facing a very unique problem, where in on clicking of a button using automation i get a null pointer exception, where as if i do the same thing manually it works perfectly fine.
Has any one faced similar problem, if yes is there any workaround for this.
Re: Exception on Clicking a button via automation
We need additional information to investigate the problem. Please follow the steps below to help us investigate the problem:
1. Download AQtime Standard, which is our free profiling tool, from our web site. The tool can be requested on the following page of our web site: AQtime Standard
2. Install the tool.
3. Start AQtime with the -NotOpenApp command-line argument. For example, you can use the following command line:
"c:\Program Files\Automated QA\AQtime 7\Bin\AQtime.exe" -NotOpenApp
4. Select the 'File | New Project From Module...' main menu item.
5. In the Open File dialog, select TestComplete's executable file and click Open.
6. Take a look at the AQtime toolbar - there is a combo box. Open it and select the "Tracing | Exception Trace Profiler" item.
7. Select the "Options | Options..." main menu command - the Options dialog will appear.
8. Set the "Profiling Time | Event View | General | Exceptions | Depth shown" setting to 100 and click OK.
9. Start TestComplete.
10. Click the Run | Attach to Process... main menu item in AQtime.
11. Select TestComplete's process from the list by double-clicking it and click Run in the dialog that appears after that.
12. Reproduce the problem.
13. After the problem occurs , right-click somewhere within the Event View panel (it is opened by default at the bottom of AQtime's window) and select the 'Save All...' item.
14. Repeat steps 4-13 for the tested application and generate one more Event View.
15. Save the panel's contents to an HTML file and send me the file via our Contact Support form.