Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Power Builder fields not visible

Hi,
    I am using MSAA to expose powerbuilder data windows and fields to the testcomplete. I am able to automate many things but at one particular point I am stuck:

There is a button on a window. When I click on this button it creates a new blank row in a table at run time. I need to enter data in this new row with the help of TestComplete.

1. If I start the application manually and click on this button manually then TestCompleet is able to highlight the fields of this row.
    2. When TestComplete opens the application and clicks on this button then it fails to identify any of the fields of this new row. I am unable to highlight them using Object Spy as well(if test compleet has inserted the row in the table).

Just to add its not because of page load time issue and Delay("") will simply not work.
    I even tried manually refreshing Object Browser but these fields are not available there .

Any clue as to what is wrong and what should I do to get them highlighted?

Thanks
    Best Regards,
    SAutomation
    Automation Test Analyst

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Power Builder fields not visible

Hopefully I'm understanding your comment correctly - are you working with a grid and trying to click inside the blank row/cells of this grid? If so - hopefully this below helps [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I've found in a lot of 3rd party applications, you simply cannot click on the individual row. Thankfully - there are work arounds.

I'd use the find/findall methods on the grid - and get all the child records. Then you should be able to click on any line you want by calling it's index.

Something similar to this should work - although this was web based, the function call should be very similar:

//JSCRIPT
    function getRandomRow()
    {
    var page = Sys.Process(uCoreNav.sBrowserProcess).Page(uCoreNa v.sBaseURL + "*").Form("form1").Panel("silverlightControlHost") .UIAObject ("Silverlight_Control").UIAObject("ScrollViewer"). UIAObject("NavigationFrame");
    var links = VBArray(page.FindAll("Classname", "Hyperlink", 500)).toArray();
    for(i = 0; i < links.length; i++){
    Log.Message("Link : " + links[ i ].NativeUIAObject.name);
    links[i].Click();
    }
    }

You'll need to specify what you want to search for (IE: It won't be hyperlinks since this was web based with Silverlight) but it should be a very similar syntax. The help topic on FindAll should help you along.

Hopefully that helps/is what your looking for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Learning2QTP but this solution is not working.
    My objects are always there all the time so I can directly use them rather than using indexes but the TestComplete does not highlight any of the fields inside the panel created at run time. It just highlights the panel and no child object. Visible property of all the child objects is displayed as False in TestComplete.

If I manually create the application and then use Object Spy, it highlights these objects in the panel.

If Testcomplete has created the panel then it never refreshes the properties of these child objects of the panel. Even if I manually refresh them in object browser but still visible property is false. Which makes it impossible for TestComplete to recognise these objects.

Any help please ?

Thanks
    Best Regards,
    SAutomation
    Automation Test Analyst

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Could anyone please help ?
    Best Regards,
    SAutomation
    Automation Test Analyst

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Sunil_Gupta,

First of all, please check whether the issue can be reproduced on the latest version of TestComplete (ver. 8.10). If it can, we will need to try to reproduce the problem on our side - can you send us a sample application on which the issue can be reproduced? Also let me know the exact version of PowerBuilder with which the application was created.
    Regards,
    Alex - SmartBear Support

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,
    The problem is still available in TestComplete 8.10.
    The application is built in Power Builder 11.5.
    I do not have sample application and can not share the original application as it is very huge and confidential to use outside company network. Sharing the application is not an option at all.
    I can give more details of the problem in the way it is needed for you to investigate the problem and come up with a solution. Just let me know what other information of the objects/ panel/ application you need.

Thanks.
    Best Regards,
    SAutomation
    Automation Test Analyst

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Sunil_Gupta,

We've tried to reproduce the issue, but failed. So, could you please try to reproduce it on sample applications shipped along with the IDE? If you succeed, please let me know on which sample the problem can be reproduced.
    Best regards,
    David - SmartBear Support

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hello Smart Bears:
    I am experiencing same issue,as described above, with PowerBuilder DataWindows. In my case, the DataWindow is an empty grid in which user enter search strings to query the database. Once the user hits "Search" button, the grid populates with the records found. My PB programmer tells me that the populated Datawindow is a different object than the Datawindow in which seach criteria was entered. TC will not see the second instance of the Datawindow object. Clicking in the populated grid crashes the PB application. Attempting to refresh the TC object tree crashes the PB application and TC7 and TC8 then freeze up. Is there a way for TC to refresh it's Object Tree in such circonstances?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,

Can you reproduce this problem on the latest TC version (8.50)?
    Jared - AQA Support

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I've just take a quick look at the code and I think that you should rather do:

links[i].Click();

"links" is a array returned by FindAll() method.
    regards,
    Lukasz Morawski, QA Engineer
    Cognifide testing blog
    PTaQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast