I am using TestComplete 8 to record some events on a webpage.
It hangs quite often during the recording process. The web page also stops responding and have to forcibly kill the browser & TestComplete.
The websites I am recording are simple shopping websites like Amazon, Dell, HP etc.
Note that I have disabled the Visualizer during this process.
Windows XP with SP3
Intel Pentium 4 with 3GB RAM
Browser: Internet Explorer 7
Any pointers to recording these activities quickly and more efficiently without TestComplete getting hanged frequently ?
[ QUOTE ]
I am keeping only one browser open at a time.
These are the selected items in my project MSAA settings :
bosa_sdm_Microsoft Word *
Can you please advise if I am missing any property in MSAA settings.
What will be correct WndClass for recording of IE7 related activities ?
[/ QUOTE ]
Actually this seems to be fine... Are you running anything "special" on this browser your testing against? IE: Silverlight/flash/etc?
Usually - when I had this problem I had something like * added to MSAA... or didn't have plugins for Firefox (since your using IE this shouldn't be an issue).
Just guessing here - I've definitely had issues with TestComplete on the web - but once I've figured out the problem its usually fairly easy to resolve. Of course, figuring out the battle is the toughest challenge.
You might be better off just contacting TestComplete support. They have a great group there - I've always got my issues resolved there if I couldn't figure them out on my own. Their contact form is on their website under support
EDIT: Didn't see Allen's message before I posted - so - ya what he said [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]