Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

wait page untill a component appear

Hi all,

I have been using TC for three months now, it's really a cool tool. but i am facing some problems and i need help in the following issue :

1- When i write my scripts, i use the names and the properties of controls that generated by the object browser. is that correct and is there any better way to do that? i tried to use wait childs as follwos :

Aliases["iexplore"]["Page"](PageURL)["WaitNamedChild"](link2, -1). but the system can't find it and i used all other wait children with no result... is it important to use this method of finding objects or it is good to use the naming of the object browse?

also i was thinking to make list of all children, so this way if any changes happens to the structure of the web page won't affect my test. should i go for it?

what do u recommend guys?

Mohammed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: wait page untill a component appear

Hi,

You cannot call the WaitNamedChild method of an object which is not in the Name Mapping tree. Your current code is a mix of the NameMapping, Aliases and regular object trees, it just cannot work.

Use other Wait methods (such as WaitLink) depending on the name of your object in the Object Browser.
    Jared - AQA Support