Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Regions coming up different in Windows 7

I have script where I call Regions["Compare"] on about 1300 regions. I recently upgraded my computer from Windows Vista to Windows 7 operating system. When running my script on Windows Vista, everything worked as expected. Now when I run my script roughly 160 regions come up saying they are different everytime. They are all coming up different because of the OK button that appears in the dialog I am checking, the OK button is the active item in the dialog.

I have ran my script and set all the regions to update and then I run my script again with the regions set to not update and they come back saying they are different. I have made sure that I have "Disable DWM before capturing image" enabled in the Default Project Properties. I also have "Update regions" enabled in Options. I have sent AutomatedQA emails stating this problem but they just responded by telling me to make sure "Disable DWM before capturing image" is enabled, which as I just stated it is. The other option they gave me is to "ignore the button" which would be a real pain cause I would have to do this with 160 regions.

This is only a problem on Windows 7. Has anyone else ran into a problem like this on Windows 7? Everything worked perfectly fine on Windows Vista.

I am using the Windows 7 Basic theme not an Aero Theme.

If you need anymore info please let me know.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Regions coming up different in Windows 7

Does switching to the Windows Classic theme fix this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Running in Windows Classic does fix this. It's not an ideal solution but it works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

yeah.. not an ideal solution, however it does give you information where to look a little deeper. It sounds like it might be something that MS is doing. I dont have a copy of Windows 7 around to look into the features deeper but I swear there is another setting somewhere that might be causing this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

So apparently TestComplete 8 has a new feature called Region.Check that has a ColorTolerance parameter that can fix my issue. The only problem is that I will have to change 1300 lines of code to use this new method.

It would really be nice to know what changed between Windows Vista and Windows 7 that is causing this slight color difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Stevenk - If you have to change 1300 lines of code, you can do it as a batch.

Through Windows Explorer, open your script (or keyword test ThisIsMyTest.tcKDTest), then do a search and replace on the relevant lines in the below block of code. (2nd to last Prp name.)

</Node>
    <Node name="parameter4">
    <Prp name="defvaluetype" type="I" value="1"/>
    <Prp name="defvaluevalue" type="I" value="0"/>
    <Prp name="defvartype" type="I" value="3"/>
    <Prp name="name" type="S" value="ColorTolerance"/>
    <Prp name="paramtype" type="S" value="{EFBF9355-5127-43E4-B03E-D06E65C8181F}"/>
    <Prp name="valuetype" type="I" value="1"/>
    <Prp name="valuevalue" type="I" value="123"/>
    <Prp name="vartype" type="I" value="3"/>
    </Node>