Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Session Timing Problem

Hi,
    Iam working Offshore on a project wherein we are automating a Internet Banking Application using Test Complete 6 Tool.
    I have access to the remote through the VPN of bank and this Remote login have Sessions in which I can login and perform actions...
    Now as this Session logs out within an hour or so, when we keep any Scripts on execution(which takes atleast 2-3 hours), testcomplete keeps running whereas the Application freezes as the session is logged out...thus objects are not recognized further...
    Is there any way to handle this from Test Complete as I tried all possible ways with the networking team to increase the Session timings but it dint help...
    Its difficult to keep multiple Testcases on execution..n everytime I have to make sure that atleast 1 Testcase is executed before the session logs out....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Session Timing Problem

Hi

Are there any serious reasons to perform logoff each hour?
    If so I guess you'll have to split your tests so that they will be executed not longer than 1hour.
    You can also use time counter (StopWatch object) and check if the tests are already running almost an hour (eg in OnStopTest event), then skip other tests.
    You can also perform logoff automatically from the same batch file that launches your tests after they are finished.