Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

DDT Driver Issue

I am using the excel driver and my test data looks some thing like below. Now when i loop thru this for the first 2 rows there is no problem but while trying to get 3rd value "Test" it gives a null value.

I belive this happens when the data type changes. for example here it changes from number to string.

testdata:

Test
    test
    12/02/2007

Code:
    Sub Main
    FileName ="H:\Personal\TMS\Sample.xls"
    Set Driver = DDT.ExcelDriver(FileName, "Test")
    While Not Driver.EOF
    a = Driver.Value("Test")
    MsgBox(a)
    Driver.Next
    Wend
    End Sub

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: DDT Driver Issue

Hi Shameem0604,

To help us investigate the problem, please zip your entire project suite folder along with the log of the failed test execution and send us the archive via our Contact Support form (http://www.automatedqa.com/support/message). Make sure that messages in your log correspond to the latest version of your tests. Also, please provide us with the XLS file with which the problem can be reproduced.
    Regards,
    Allen - SmartBear Support

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Allen,
    I installed ACEDriver and tried to use and the problem was solved.

But now i have another question. Is it possible to write to excel file using the ACEDriver object.

I tried using the below code. It throws an exception as

"An exception occurred in the "DriverScript" unit at line 84:
    Microsoft VBScript runtime error
    Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment: 'Value.Value'"

Set Driver = DDT.ExcelDriver(ScePath, "ScenarioSequence",true)
    Driver.Value(ColName) = Value

Thanks,
    Shameem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Shameem,

If you need to write data to an Excel file, use the Excel COM object. You can find sample scripts demonstrating how to work with the Excel COM object in a sample project shipped with TestComplete. Please see the "MSOffice" section of the "Script Samples" help topic ( http://www.automatedqa.com/support/v....aspx?aid=3425 ) for more information.
    Regards,
    Allen - SmartBear Support

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Alan,

On my PC, I checked the location you mentioned for the TC sample script for writing data into a spreadsheet using the Excel COM object and I don't see it. I found one script for DDT from a Excel spreadsheet in the VBScript folder.

My PC has TC version 7.20.562.7 installed on it. I have a very high need to see this script example, so can you or some else add the script as attachment to this thread?

Thank you,

Robert Freeman
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of what they have. [Anonymous]