Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How to switch the default script language

Hey all,

Im trying to figure out how to change my script language... Im not even sure if its possible - but I set jscript when I first installed TestComplete (not really thinking about it) and now I want to change it to another scripting language

Is this possible? I tried to change it through the settings but it doesn't do anything...

I can create a new project but I Can't call the appropriate script from another project.... so - what's the work around??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to switch the default script language

If you are talking about the default scripting launguage, it can be set in Tools->Options->General->Project

If you want to change the scripting language for already created project, I guess you will not be able to do that.
    You will have to create a new one, specify new language for it, convert all your scripts to new scripting language and add them to new project.

[ QUOTE ]
    I can create a new project but I Can't call the appropriate script from another project....

[/ QUOTE ]
    You can do that only by sharing the script units between projects (add existing item and select script from another project)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

newbie here

hi all,

im a 2 years old web QA and planning to automate some testings, do you have any idea for newbie like me in automating a test script and some loading issues... what software will you advice to me?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: newbie here

Hi,

There is no way to change the scripting language for the current project. For newly created projects, you can select the scripting language from the 'Create New Project' dialog. See the 'Create New Project Dialog' help topic for more information.

As PavelT noticed, you can set the needed scripting language that will be used when creating a new project by default. See the 'Project Options Dialog' help topic for more information.

[ QUOTE ]

I can create a new project but I Can't call the appropriate script from another project...

[/ QUOTE ]
    See the 'Calling Routines Declared in Another Project' help topic to learn how to do this.
    Regards,
    Alex - SmartBear Support