Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Unable to Recognize the Link

Hi,
    I am new to this tool(i am working QTP) and evaluating this tool.
    My problem is that TC is unable to recognize the links during play back. I recorded a simple script by going to www.dell.com and on this page i moved the cursor to "For Public Sector" link which gave me links in the drop down.Then i selected "State and Local Government" link.
    In my script i see the code for all of these, but when i play back it fails at "State and Local Government" link and it is unable to recognize the link.It says it could not find the link. I am using evlaution version,and i am working on IE8, but i tried in IE6.5 also.
    Do i need to do any settings for this kind of issue, if any body has info please do let me know.Appreciate your response.
    thanks,
    Sri

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Unable to Recognize the Link

Hi,

By what properties do you recognize the problematic link? It looks like they've changed their values, and TC cannot find the target object due to this.

Also, can you post here the code which obtains your link?
    Jared - AQA Support

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,
    Below is the code for the link.In QTP i just record(let us the same example) and play back it works.I am not going into the depth of object recognizition in my scripts.
    I haven't assigned any objects in named mapping. Do i need to assign objects somewhere to recognize?
    Call iexplore.ToURL("http://www.dell.com/")
    iexplore.pageLaptopsDesktopComputersMonit.table.ce ll.tableMasthead.cell.linkStateLocalGovernment.Cli ck
    iexplore.pageDellStateLocalGovernmentDell.Wait

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,

What properties is the target link mapped by in Name Mapping?
    Jared - AQA Support

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,
    I am attaching file which has the properties defined for the link on the Name Mapping.
    Does TC support AJAX?
    TC is unable to click the link that drop down in google,ex if you give test complete in the search bar and the google search bar gives a drop down and you select one of them.I tried recording this and it could not click the link.These kind of technology they use AJAX and i dont know whether TC is supporting this.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,

You need to remove the ObjectIdentifier property from your Name Mapping scheme. Its value is dynamic, and it can change making TC unable to find the target object. Also, namePropStr seems to have a dynamic value in it.
    Jared - AQA Support