Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Project suite issue with General Events

Hi all,
    I have the following issue: I have a project with several testitems (a unit per testitem). This project will write files to a location for comparison.
    When the project starts, this location must be empty. I want to clean it automatically.
    I have tried to use the OnStartTest for this, but this will run every testitem and thus it cleans all results except the last one.
    How can I get this done easily?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Project suite issue with General Events

Use a global flag either in your scripts or in the project variables. So when it first runs it cleans the directory, then sets the flag that it was cleaned, and each test start it checks to see if that flag is set. If it is it bypasses it. You can also group the tests together using the Test Organizer screen, so you can specify the exact order of scripts to run.
    -------------
    Aaron T Foley
    Software Tester
    Solana
    -------------
    Mind Cemetary - Blog
    Twitter
    -------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

If I use a global flag I can not reset it after the test is run (except manually) this wil be forgotten and that will lead to false positive results.

My tests are grouped together, the order is known, but that does not solve anything with regard to the checking of results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

If you use a Project Temporary variable it will be reset to its default value automatically at the start of the project execution.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

One easy way to accomplish this is to create a test that only has one function - remove all files in the location you need to be empty. Have this "test" be the very first test item ran in your project.