I am using TC7.2 and IE7 for automating our application.
I am finding the selectlist object using nativeWebObject.find method. After finding the object trying to get the ChildCount.In our environment scripts executes fine.
But while executing the scripts at customers place the fails since TC the ChildCount property value is zero(0) and fails.
I tried to identify the select item object through TC and it displays child count has 1(some number).
But while executing I found it displays child count has zero.
I am not able to fix this issue.
If any one as any suggestion please let me know.
Re: Unable to get Child count from select Item object
It looks like either the IE installation or TestComplete's installation is broken on the customer's machine, and therefore, the two applications cannot interact correctly. Please follow the steps below (on the customer's machine):
1. Update to TestComplete 7.50 and check whether the problem persists in this version. If it does, follow step 2.
2. Reinstall IE 7 (and probably install an update if it's available).
3. Check whether the problem persists. If it does, follow step 4.
4. Uninstall the tool.
5. Remove the folder in which the tool was installed and the "c:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\AutomatedQA\TestComplete\7.0\" folder.
6. Reboot the machine.
7. Install the tool once again.
8. Check whether the problem can be reproduced and let me know your results.