Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Data driven testing problem!

Hi all,

I have got an old version of AutomatedQA (2.0.4.0) precisely to introduce Data
    driven testing in the recording feature of the software.
    What I want to do is to create scripts (JScript) by using the recording feature
    but don't want static data in recording so want to use data driven testing.
    I already read Help topics, But I have just started to use this software and have absolutely no idea how to
    go for the above mentioned procedure.So it would be good if someone could
    provide some sample in JScript, so sample code for DDT in AutomatedQA is not
    working.
    Should I transfer all the data from SQL into Excel and then work with them instead of connect to database ? If yes how?

Cheers,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Data driven testing problem!

I'm still waiting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I do not have an example in Jscript, my current Jscript project doesn't use DDT. However, AQA has some great webcasts for DDT in jscript, this is how I learned DDT. You can pause and write them alongside the video.

Here's a link:

http://www.automatedqa.com/support/screencasts/

Also,

you could transfer all data from sql to excel, or you can create an ADO connection via scripting, that would read and execute SQL queries and return the information to you. What you do with the information then is up to you. Store it in excel, within TC variables, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Dana