Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Not able to work with combobox

Hi,

In My application when i record a combobox having data in different sections,for reference you can see attachment.

And when i record on that application i got the code below.But during execution it is not picking up the values which i selected during recording, it is opening the combobox but without selecting it closing and again coming to next combobox,so this is what happens.Can i suggest me how to capture the combobox with sections of data through keyword test (if not through script method).

check the recorded statements below.

textboxTxtname Click 13, 11, ... Simulates a left-button single click in a window or control as specified (relative position, shift keys).

textboxTxtname Keys "severe accident" Simulates one or several keypresses.

textboxTxtshortdescription Click 93, 9, ... Simulates a left-button single click in a window or control as specified (relative position, shift keys).

textboxTxtshortdescription Keys "accident"

thanks
    sridhar
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Not able to work with combobox

Hi Sridhar,

It looks like the combo box you are using is not specially supported in TestComplete (TC recorded coordinates). You can find the list of supported third-party controls in the "Working With Custom Controls" help topic.

Could you please send us a simple application (not the one you are testing) containing the control so we can try to find a way to work with the control. If you cannot do this, please let me know what kind of application you are testing (VCL, .NET, WPF, etc.), as well as the name and vendor of the control. If the control is a .NET control, please tell me the value of its ClrFullClassName property.
    Best regards,
    David - SmartBear Support