Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

XLSDriver Returns 1 instead of 1.00

I am using RoundDown function which was built in in Excel. This function Returns the 1.00 as Ouput of my Values.

I am retrieve values from excel sheet to TC, This 1.00 which were in excel sheet not return as it into TC. It is displaying as 1 instead of 1.00. Here is my code.
    My code:
    Set XLSDriver = DDT.ExcelDriver(FilePath, "RoundDownSheet")
    While Not XLSDriver.EOF
    XLSInputTwo = aqConvert.VarToStr(DDT.CurrentDriver.Value(3))
    Call XLSDriver.Next() ' Goes to the next record
    WEnd

Here : I am grabing the value from excel sheet with below method

aqConvert.VarToStr(DDT.CurrentDriver.Value(3))

The value in excel sheet is 1.00

I am getting 1 instead of 1.00 into Declared "XLSInputTwo " variable

How can i get the exact value from excel sheet to TC?

Thank you
    Raj

RajeshKumarUriti@gmail.com

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: XLSDriver Returns 1 instead of 1.00

What you need to do is set a registry entry that'll tell the ODBC driver handling the excel call (the one that comes preinstalled in windows) to treat all data as strings. By default it will assume all numeric values as numbers. Since 1.00 is the same as 1, it will treat it that way.

Other wise you'll have to set the property of that column to a String type, but that won't allow you to enter equations or macros into those cells and you won't be able to round.
    David Lai
    SDET / Consultant
    LinkedIn profile

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Converting into string in a excel is hard to me because i have more data and I will enter in future also.

You are right 1.00 is equal to 1 but if we asked to student strictly rounded to decimal place, 1.00 is correct. I did some programs in vb with Rounddown function and return the value 1.00, now I am trying to check my vb program with TC. But TC retreview the data as 1 eventhough having 1.00 in excel sheet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,

If a variable contains a numerical value (its type is not string), this value is not formatted in any way - it's just a number, and if it doesn't have the fractional part, you will not see it when, for example, evaluating the variable's value. This is absolutely normal.

To see values with fractional parts even if they're equal to 0, you need to convert numbers to strings and format them in the way you need. To do this, use the aqString.Format method in your script (see the "aqString.Format" help topic).
    Jared - AQA Support

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thank you for aqString.Format.

Hello Jared

You create one execel sheet and give value 1.00 and try to call this value in TC with aqString.Format.

It is retrun the Method not set Error. You can try this. Anyhow thankyou. I am using Formatnumber function.

I find out one more solution that is "Formatnumber" built in function which was supplied by TC.

FormatNumber(1,2)