Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Firefox isn\'t visible when script is run on VM

Hi,

I have developed a project on my local macine and now want to run it on a virtual machine (currently on my local machine) however I'm getting an error: "The '' window is invisible and thus cannot be activated".

This happens when the script tries to type the username/password and click login on a login page. The website I'm testing on is the same as the one I've been testing on when not using the VM, and all the scripts are exactly the same. I'm using JScript.

This is happening with firefox 3.0.14 (same version installed on the VM as on my local machine), and the version of TestComplete is the same as well - v6.53.

Using the LogAppStructure(obj) I found on another thread here, I've found that the firefox textbox object's VisibleOnScreen property is false, and the same property when the script is run on my local machine is true.

I have tried using IE instead of firefox and this works fine, however firefox is the browser we want to test the site on and the project would need quite a lot of changes to work completely with IE.

Anyone know what could be going on here? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Firefox isn\'t visible when script is run on VM

Hi Richard,

Can the problem be reproduced with a public web site? If it cannot, could you please provide us with access to your tested web application?

Also, please check whether the problem can be reproduced with the latest version of TestComplete (v. 7.20). A free trial version of TestComplete 7 can be requested on the following page of our web site:
    http://www.automatedqa.com/downloads/testcomplete/

[ QUOTE ]

the project would need quite a lot of changes to work completely with IE.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I recommend that you see the "Browser-Independent Scripting" help topic - this may help you make your scripts more flexible.
    Regards,
    Allen - SmartBear Support

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Firefox isn\'t visible when script is run on VM

Hi Allen,

Thanks for the reply, and apologies for the duplicated request.

I just wrote a script as you suggested to query google and it worked - I then checked my project again which also worked!

The virtual machine restarted itself overnight due to XP autoupdate and I assume that this is what fixed the problem. (no idea why!)

Thanks,
    Richard