Running one of my test script (c# script)under Vista (32bits Enterprise version), a crash occured on tested application. Unfortunately, testcomplete test run is frozen and does not go further until "close program..." option is manually selected (the one you get when an application crashes on Vista).
is there a way to avoid this (I mean a way to avoid test run to freeze) ?
TestComplete modules are loaded to the tested application's process, and TestComplete communicates with those modules to get information about the tested application. So, if the tested application crashes, TestComplete modules loaded to its process can stop working correctly, and when TestComplete tries to call a method of its module, this call will never be completed - the tool gets hung up.
To learn what causes the issue and how to overcome it, please follow the steps below:
1. Download a free trial version of AQtime 6, which is our profiling tool, from our web site. The trial can be requested on the following page of our web site: http://www.automatedqa.com/downloads/aqtime/
2. Install the tool.
3. Start AQtime.
4. Select the 'File | New Project From Module...' main menu item.
5. In the Open File dialog, select the executable file of the tested application and click Open.
6. Take a look at the AQtime toolbar - there is a combo box. Open it and select the "Tracing | Exception Trace Profiler" item.
7. Select the "Options | Options..." main menu command - the Options dialog will appear.
8. Set the "Profiling Time | Event View | General | Exceptions | Depth shown" setting to 100 and click OK.
9. Click the Run toolbar button (the green arrow) or press F5 to start the profiling.
10. AQtime will start the tested application and trace all exceptions that will occur in the application until it is closed.
11. Reproduce the problem.
12. After the problem occurs, right-click somewhere within the Event View panel (it is opened by default at the bottom of AQtime's window) and select the 'Save All...' item.