Ok Getting closer:
Let me recap because dotTRM helped.
1) TestExecute and TestComplete same version
2) Saved then copied the project to host
3) Hosts Base Path points to where project is on host
4) Job Path is is mds file only. (dotTRM said prj but that didn't work for me.
5) Selected "Test" Main from list provided
6) Verified Host and Job
7) In Job, Remote Application set to TestExecute
8) Run Network Suite
get initializing, fast verification...waiting...waiting...
On remote: "Opening the Project Suite"
OH SO CLOSE: Cannot run the remote project.
Wow that was exciting.
"Patience" says dotTRM.
Just keeping track of my progress and for future reference
for anyone else who is in this pickle.
The other issue might be that the the host machine is on another domain. Although I have the domain defined in the Host workspace along with a good login and password.
Firewalls are off for both servers for now.
Host logfile has the one message:
Cannot run the remote project
That's strange. I would have thought it would say
"Cannot run project".
I wonder if I've copied the proper files over to the host machine?