Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Can I grab all property/value pairs for an object?

Just wondering if I'm able to grab all the property/value pairs for a given object in VBScript? I know I can use find if I have the property name, but what if I don't? I'd really like to grab realtime snapshots of the properties if that's at all possible.

Thank in advance.
    Brent
    --------------------
    9 out of 10 people I prove wrong agree that I'm right. The other person is my wife.
    --------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Can I grab all property/value pairs for an object?

Try "Objects.Save".

For example, if my process P has a window named MainForm, I can call (in DelphiScript)

Objects.Save(P.VCLObject('MainForm'), 'MyMainForm');

This will save all properties of MainForm to a Stores.Object called "MyMainForm". I can then reference it later in script code as

Objects.MyMainForm

At least, that's the theory... I haven't tried it myself yet but that's the way I udnerstand it should work.
    -Robert Martin
    Automated Testing Evangelists
    TestComplete "expert"
    Definition expert - noun - Unknown drip under pressure

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Brent,

Also, you can enumerate all property names and values of an object by using the aqObject.GetProperties method. There's a sample script in the "aqObject.GetProperties" help topic.
    Jared - AQA Support

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Cool, thanks Robert, I never thought of doing it that way, actually.

I was actually trying to get it how Jared is suggesting. So, thanks, Jared, that's awesome!

That's at least put me on the right track. I really just have to worry about a couple little issues here and there and I think that would work.

Hmmmmm, now I don't know which way to go, which to use, lol. That's alright, though, it's like an embarassment of riches when that happens [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Brent
    --------------------
    9 out of 10 people I prove wrong agree that I'm right. The other person is my wife.
    --------------------