Thread: Noob help

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Noob help

I'm looking for some videos on TestComplete. I have 1 however its no where near enough info. I just dl'd the ebook mentioned in a few posts down. Any additional help would be great. I just started a new position and I've got like 5 days to learn this piece of software. I've tried a couple things some worked some didn't. It seems like when I do a test the QA software doesn't close itself and I end up with a grip of errors. Any help is greatly appreciated. INC LABOR DAY WEEKEND hope everyone has a happy/fun/safe weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Noob help

Have you tried all the screencasts available at

http://www.automatedqa.com/products/...e/screencasts/
    -Robert Martin
    Automated Testing Evangelists
    TestComplete "expert"
    Definition expert - noun - Unknown drip under pressure

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I have not, thanks a ton. Watching now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi chark,

Besides learning our screencasts and the TestComplete Made Easy book, I recommend that you go through the "Getting started with TestComplete" section of TestComplete's Help system. A printable version of this section (Getting Started With TestComplete 6.doc) is in the "<TestComplete 6>\Help" folder.

Also, I recommend that you study the TestComplete FAQs, which are available on our web site:
    http://www.automatedqa.com/products/testcomplete/faqs/

BTW, if you still fail to handle the errors you get when running your tests, please describe exactly what you are doing and exactly what you get in detail. Any screenshots demonstrating error messages will be greatly appreciated.
    Regards,
    Allen - SmartBear Support