Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

ClickItem() command can not be performed

Hi,

1)Sometimes I get the Error message : Cannot perform the ClickItem operation

I can not figure out why, cause in most cases (+/- 90 %) the error message does not appear while I use the same lines of code.

new_page = getSysProcess().Page("http://"+getServer()+"/gouw7/wizard/woz/opvoeren/deelobject_opvoeren.seam?cid=*");

new_page.Panel(2).Panel(1).Form("wizardForm").Pane l("wizardForm_wizardPanel").Panel("wizardForm_wiza rdPanel_body").Panel("wizardForm_deelobjectopvoere nPanel").Panel("wizardForm_deelobjectopvoerenPanel _body").Table("wizardForm_deelobjectopvoerenPanelG rid1").Cell(0, 0).Panel("wizardForm_bagObjectTypeDecorate").Panel (0).Select("wizardForm_bagObjectTypeDecorate_bagTy peSelector").ClickItem(bagObjecttype);

2) Textbox not filled in with data I used as parameter.
    This occurs sometimes and can happen in different textboxes.

E.g. : Parameter gemCode = "NWD01";
    Testcomplete fills the field with NW01.

tabel = new_page.Panel(2).Panel(1).Form("wizardForm").Pane l("wizardForm_wizardPanel").Panel("wizardForm_wiza rdPanel_body").Panel("wizardForm_perceelkoppelPane l").Panel("wizardForm_perceelkoppelPanel_body").Pa nel("wizardForm_perceelkoppelTogglePanel").Panel(0 ).Table("wizardForm_perceelPanelGrid");

if (!isLeeg(gemCode)){
    textbox =
    tabel.Cell(0,1).Textbox"wizardForm_kadgemcodeInput ");
    textbox.Click();
    textbox.Keys(gemCode);
    }

Any suggestions ?

Regards,
    Kim Mercx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: ClickItem() command can not be performed

Hi Kim,

[ QUOTE ]

Cannot perform the ClickItem operation

[/ QUOTE ]
    I suppose you are using TestComplete 7. If so, first of all, please update to the latest version of TestComplete (v. 7.10) and check whether the problem persists in this version. If it does, please let me know what browser you are using in your tests, whether the problem can be reproduced with another browser. Also, tell me the value of the outerHTML property of the problematic control and the value of the "bagObjecttype" variable which is passed to the ClickItem method. This will help us reproduce the problem on our side.

[ QUOTE ]

Parameter gemCode = "NWD01";
    Testcomplete fills the field with NW01.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Please try installing the update mentioned in the "System Requirements" help topic and check whether this solves the problem.

BTW, I recommend that you use the native "value" property to set the problematic control's text instead of typing the text as this approach is more reliable.
    Regards,
    Allen - SmartBear Support

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Allen,

- The ClickItem command works fine when I make use of
    TestComplete version 7.10

- Using the "value" property to set the text seems to solve
    the problem

Regards.
    Kim

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Kim,

I am glad to hear that your problems are solved. Thank you for the information.
    Regards,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Allen,

In the Object Browser are 2 Internet Exlorer processes displayed (using Windows Vista).

Each process contains the page 'StartScherm'.

The ClickItem command works only in the second process and
    NOT in the first one.

Regards,
    Kim

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Kim,

That's the peculiarity of IE 8 - the page is present in both processes, but visual controls are created only in one process (and therefore, TestComplete must work with this process). Currently, we do not have an elegant solution for this issue. However, we provided a workaround in the following thread:
    http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.ph...;Number=568679
    Regards,