Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Problem in Connecting to VSTS

Hi All,
    I have a problem connecting to VSTS.
    please see the below error message,which I got
    "The following errors occurred while connecting to the specified server:
    Unable to log in to the selected database. Please make sure you use a valid login and password."

Database,Login, and Password are correct.
    I am able to connect to same database through Visual Studio.

do i need to add any dll as mentioned in link http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.php?Number=448774
    I am using TestComplete 7 Enterprise edition.

any help is much appreciated....

Thanks and Regards,
    Raju

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Problem in Connecting to VSTS

Hi Hosamani,

We have verified one more time that TestComplete works correctly with Team Foundation Server 2008 from computers running Windows 2003 Server, Windows XP SP2 and Windows XP SP3. So, this seems to be a problem with the TFS configuration.

Could you please post here the screenshots demonstrating your connection settings as well as the error that you get.

[ QUOTE ]
    do i need to add any dll as mentioned in link http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.php?Number=448774

[/ QUOTE ]
    No, that post is related to a TestComplete 6 problem, and it was fixed a long time ago.
    Regards,
    Allen - SmartBear Support

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Allen/Alex,

Here the problem was that we were trying to use the domain with the username like domain\username as we do in the VSTS. However, TestComplete does not accept the domain name instead we just need to use the username though you are connecting to the TFS in a diffrent domain than machine from where you are trying to connect.

The problem got resolved by just using the username without the domain unlike we do in VSTS.

Regards,
    LN

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi LN,

Thanks for letting us known this. We will consider improving the UI to make it clear what data to enter.
    Regards,
    Alex - SmartBear Support