I have a project suite that I created in TestComplete v6 that hold about 30 projects also created in v6 that works just fine when I use Test Execute to run the tests. I recently added a new project created in TestComplete v7 to this old project suite and it runs just fine if. V6 & V7 projects. I tried to execute the same set of tests using test execute which now includes the new project created in v7 and I can not get the test to run using test execute. Anyone out there have any idea's on why I can not use Test Execute to run projects created in TestComplete v7? I also tried to run just the project created in v7 by itself without all the other v6 projects using test execute and that didnt work either. It had a problem finding the objects for some reason.
First of all, please note that you must use the same version of TestComplete and TestExecute to create/execute a project suite. If you need to add a new project to an existing project suite, you need to follow the steps below:
1. Open the project suite in question in TestComplete 7.
2. Upgrade the project (note that the converted project will no longer be available for TestComplete 6).
3. Add the new project to the converted project suite.
4. Play back the new project in TestComplete/TestExecute version 7.
If these are the steps you followed, please try following the steps below:
1. Create a new project suite in TestComplete 7.
2. Create a new project in the project suite and record the needed test.
3. Check whether the test can be played back successfully. If it cannot, the problem is not related to your legacy projects. If the recorded test can be played back successfully, follow step 4.
4. Add one of your TestComplete 6 projects as an existing project to the TestComplete 7 project suite.
5. Repeat steps 3-4 until you find the problematic legacy project which makes your new project fail (I suppose, the problem can be related to some global variables or some initialization code (for example, functions called in the global scope) which is executed when you start your project).
6. If you fail to find out why the old project makes your new TestComplete 7 project fail or if the new TestComplete 7 project created in a clean project suite cannot be played back successfully for no obvious reason, please zip your entire project suite folder along with the log of the failed test execution and send us the archive via our Contact Support form (http://www.automatedqa.com/support/message.asp). Make sure that messages in your log correspond to valid code lines in the latest version of your scripts.
BTW, I recommend that you see the "Migrating Projects Created in TestComplete 4 - 6 to TestComplete 7" help topic for more information on projects conversion.
1. All of my projects that were in TC v6 have already been upgraded to TC v7. I also upgraded to TestExecute v7. They have been running with no problem.
2. I created a new project suite in TC v7 with 3 new project using existing functions written in VB Script on v6. If I run the tests TC v7 it works just fine. The issue is when I try to run them using TestExecute v7.
3. I have tried all of the steps you requested that I follow and it is still a problem. I will get project ready and send it over.