| || |
Test complete crash/hanging problem in virtul env
We are using test complete 6.53 in virtual environment using network suite for distributed testing.
We are using following version of virtual environment
Virtual environment details
VMware Client Version 2.5.0, Build 119826
VMware ESX Server Version 3.5.0, Build 123630
OS: WINDOWS VISTA SP1.
when test suite is executing in between testcomplete hangs or crash. sometimes it crashed and sometime it hangs .
we are not able to run the suite completely. Is anybody having idea about test complelete problem for distributed testing in virtual environment?
[stupid is as stupid does] response is highly appreciated.
Re: Test complete crash/hanging problem in virtul
To help us investigate the problem, please follow the steps below:
1. Download a free trial version of AQtime 6, which is our profiling tool, from our web site. The trial can be requested on the following page of our web site:
2. Install the tool.
3. Start AQtime.
4. Select the 'File | New Project From Module...' main menu item.
5. In the Open File dialog, select the TestComplete.exe file and click Open.
6. Take a look at the AQtime toolbar - there is a combo box. Open it and select the "Tracing | Exception Trace Profiler" item.
7. Select the "Options | Options..." main menu command - the Options dialog will appear.
8. Set the "Profiling Time | Event View | General | Exceptions | Depth shown" setting to 100 and click OK.
9. Enable the "Profiling Time | Event View | Debug Events | Generate dump on exception" option and specify a dump folder.
10. Click the Run toolbar button (the green arrow) or press F5 to start the profiling.
11. AQtime will start TestComplete and generate dump files for all exceptions that will occur in the application until it is closed.
12. Reproduce the crash of TestComplete.
13. After the problem occurs, right-click somewhere within the Event View panel (it is opened by default at the bottom of AQtime's window) and select the 'Save All...' item.
14. Save the panel's contents to an HTML file and send us the file along with all of the generated dump files via our Contact Support form.
Thanks in advance.