Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Can\'t interact with new windows

Hi, Im learning TestComplete 7 and I made a simple script that clicks on a button of some application and then I want to interact with a new window that is called by the button I clicked. How can I archieve that?The main issue is that I can't see the new window in the object browser because it is not created while I'm writing the script. And, if I write that window in the script altough it is not created, the execution throws an error (can't find that object).
    Thank you, Magdalena.
    P.S. Sorry for my english.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Can\'t interact with new windows

Hey!
    did you try the recording function of TC?
    i think if you are using the recording function and clicking what you want to do TC should recognize the window.

you also can built in wait functions to wait for a window to come up (see waitWindow, WaitWinFormsObject and WaitChild in TC Help)

some more Information about your Application you want to Test and the Scriptlanguage you are Using might be helpful [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    Best regards,

Johannes Moebius

Note: every post contains personal oppinions which are not coactive representing the oppinion of the ROSEN Group

===============================================
    Using: Testcomplete V 9.20.2460.7 - Jscript
    ===============================================

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hey,

I can think of 2 solutions to your problem.

1. Use the 'Refresh' method to refresh your object browser during run-time. This will bring up any new windows and will update the object properties
    Example: ProcessObject.Refresh or Sys.Refresh
    ProcessObject.Refresh refreshes your particular process and Sys.Refresh will refresh the entire Sys tree

2. Use Wait method with time-out period as suggested by JMoebius above

Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks!!!