First off I wish to apologize if this question has been asked before, and I just want to say that this is the first time I have used Test complete, so please bear with me if you can :P.
I have been making some small automated script, just to wet me feet in Test complete, and I notice that I can't seem to run the script a second time? It keeps coming up with the error:
"Cannot obtain the window with the window class '#32779', window caption 'Open' and index 1"
The strange thing is that if I re-record my clicks again doing the samething, and then run the script it works fine, but when I try it again a second time to make sure I get this error [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].
I must be doing something wrong and newbie with test complete, please help [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].
Please follow the instructions below:
1. Disable the "Capture mouse" option described in the "Object Browser Options Dialog" help topic.
2. Set a breakpoint on the problematic line of your code.
3. Launch your script. When the script stops on the breakpoint, go to the Object Browser and use the Object Properties window to retrieve the problematic object's properties. Please see the "Exploring an Application in the Object Browser" help topic for more information.
4. Check whether the actual object name corresponds to the name used to retrieve the object in your script. If it does not, please modify your script and check whether the problem can be reproduced.
5. If the problem can be reproduced even if the object name in your script corresponds to the actual object name, please zip your entire TestComplete project suite folder along with the log of the failed test execution and send us the archive via our Contact Support form (http://www.automatedqa.com/support/message/). We will try to find what causes the error.