| || |
.Net app hangs when closing form
Iím testing an open .net application. In the application, an end user opens a case, which opens a new form. When the user is done with the case, they press a button to close the case, which also closes the form. Whenever I try to do anything with that button in TestComplete, the application hangs. Iíve tried manipulating the button using Click and ClickButton, and just simulating a mouse click with parameters. The application also hangs if I just have TestComplete open while Iím clicking the button, even though Iím not recording, scripting, or executing anything. If I donít have TestComplete open, the application is fine.
Does anybody have any troubleshooting suggestions? Iím testing on 64 bit Windows Server 2003. I donít see anything unusual happening with resource management either; the hung application stays at 13% CPU usage.
Re: .Net app hangs when closing form
Please perform the following steps to help us investigate the issue:
- Download and install Debugging Tools for Windows.
- When the problem occurs, wait for a few minutes, run WinDbg ("C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows\windbg.exe") and attach it to your application's process (File | Attach to a Process).
- Type the following command in the Command window:
.dump /m "C:\MemDump.dmp"
and press Enter.
- In WinDbg, click Go on the toolbar (or press F5).
- Wait for several minutes and click Break (Ctrl + Break).
- Generate another dump.
- Repeat steps 4 - 6 once again.
- Send us the generated dump files.