Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How to write script to compare saved web page

Hi, I want to compare the web page saved in my system with running application.
    what i want to do:
    1. Using wecheckpoint store the web object in stored and copy it to my convinient directory.
    2. Now want to compare stored object with running webpage.

For webcheck point we have to predifined method "WebTesting.WebCmp1.Compare". it is not working for web page stored in different location.

Please help me if any method is available.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to write script to compare saved web page

Hi,

Could you please clarify what you mean by saying that the Compare method does not work for you? Please let me know how you call it and what results you get.
    Best regards,
    David - SmartBear Support

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.
    Web page saved in Stores folder (saved by using webtesting checkpoints) can be compared by using following code:
    if (! WebTesting.WebCmp1.Compare(webPage, true))
    Log.Error("The \"WebCmp1\" web comparison checkpoint failed.")

but if i save same webpage in any other directory, i am not able to use same method for comparing webpage elements. Even i didnt found any other method to compare webpage.

Let me know if its possible in testcomplete.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,

[ QUOTE ]
    but if i save same webpage in any other directory, i am not able to use same method for comparing webpage elements.

[/ QUOTE ]It is not clear to me what other directory you mean. The Compare method accepts a Page object and compares this page with the page saved in the Stores collection.

If you create a Web Comparison checkpoint with a page opened in Internet Explorer, code similar to the following code will be generated:
    <font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> if(!WebTesting.WebComparison2.Compare(Sys.Process( "IEXPLORE").Page("*"), true))
    Log.Error("The \"WebComparison2\" web comparison checkpoint failed.");</pre><hr />

If you now want to use this checkpoint to validate the same page opened in a browser, embedded in a Windows GUI application, you just need to correct the path to the Page object:
    <font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> var page = Sys.Process("MyProcess").WinFormsObject("WebBrowse r").WinFormsObject("webBrowser1").WinFormsObject(" Shell Embedding", "").Window("Shell DocObject View", "", 1).Window("Internet Explorer_Server", "", 1).Page("*");
    if(!WebTesting.WebComparison2.Compare(page, true))
    Log.Error("The \"WebComparison2\" web comparison checkpoint failed.");</pre><hr />
    Best regards,
    David - SmartBear Support