Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

LoadTest for Desktop application with TestComplete

Hello,

I am using TestComplete 6 licensed version for Standalone application. Now i need to perform Load Testing for my desktop application which is developed in .Net frame work. Is this possible using Test Complete. But I don't see any this load testing project icon to select in TestComplete 6. But I see HTTP load testing option to select in TestComplete5.

Please let me know if we can perform Load test for Desktop applications using TestComplete tool, If so, Do i need to purchage the new license for this Add-on.

Thanks in advance,

Eswar Pothana.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: LoadTest for Desktop application with TestComplete

Hi Eswar,

Let me quote our e-mail reply to your request:

[ QUOTE ]

>>
    Now we need to perform Load Testing for my desktop application which is developed in .Net frame work. Is this possible using Test Complete.
    <<
    There are two plug-ins in TestComplete: the HTTP Load Testing and Network Suite plug-ins:

The former allows you to test client-server applications (including desktop applications) that communicate by using HTTP or Secure HTTP. TestComplete emulates up to 300 virtual users on each computer involved in testing. If you are interested in this approach, please read the "Testing Web Servers Using the HTTP Load Testing Plug-In" help topic - it includes links to other help topics, for example, to the "Using Groups of Virtual Users" topic that contains script examples.

The latter performs distributed testing of the server application through the GUI of a number of the client applications (no matter how the applications communicate with the server). You can simulate as many users as many computers are involved in the process: the client application will be launched on each of the computers, and the script on the master machine will control activity of every client. Please see the "Distributed Testing" topic of the Help system for details.

You can find more information about these approaches here:
    http://automatedqa.com/products/test...ed_testing.asp
    http://automatedqa.com/products/test...eneral.asp#q20

>> We don't see any load testing template while creating new project in TestComplete 6
    >> does it mean we can not perform load testing for desktop applications?
    HTTP Load Testing is available only in TestComplete's Enterprise edition, but, according to our DB, your company has already purchased it, so the "HTTP Load Testing" template should be available in the "Create New Project" dialog. Please make sure that the "HTTP Load Testing" plug-in is installed (File | Install Extension...). If the plug-in is not on the list, please install the plug-in as it is described in the "Installing Extensions" help topic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please note that the HTTP Load Testing feature is not available in the Standard edition of TestComplete.
    Regards,
    Allen - SmartBear Support