My test application is in Delphi and I have complied the application using the giving files for making the application as an Open application. I am very easily able to access the MSAAObject but when I am trying to access the MainMenu of the application.
Say the menu has File|Exit levels.
I am able to access the File object as :
But when I try to access the Exit menu which resides with the File mainmenu the object say:
MainForm.MSAAObject("mb_Application").MSAAObject(" menu_item").MSAAObject("popup_menu").MSAAObject("m enu_item_19");
I get an error saying Unable to find object MSAAObject("popup_menu").
I am very easily able to access MSAAObject upto 2 levels but this goes upto 4 levels and so don't know the reason for it.
Please follow the steps below:
1. Compile your application with debug information as it is described in the "Using Debug Info Agent With Delphi Applications" help topic.
2. Disable the "*" element in the MSAA section of your project properties.
3. Record a script which works with the problematic main menu (if the main menu control is specially supported by TestComplete, the menu items will be recognized by their names).
4. Play back the script. If the script fails, try working with the main menu object via its native methods and properties (you can examine them via the Object Browser).
5. If the suggestion does not help, please zip your entire project suite folder along with the log of the failed test execution and send us the archive via our Contact Support Form (http://www.automatedqa.com/support/message.asp) so we can investigate the problem on our side.