It usually works but it has shown up as "tetuser" and "tstuser". This is a problem with playback.
Also when recording a script I selected an item from a drop down. Then when playing back the script it kept picking the wrong one so I looked at the script and it had recorded incorrectly. I modified it and now it works. This is a problem with recording.
The first problem is pretty serious. It has caused my test to fail when it shouldn't, and even worse it could cause my test to pass when it shouldn't.
I'm assuming you're testing a web page using IE 7. The reason for this assumption is that the behaviour you've described, for the keys, is outlined in the "Simulating Keystrokes in Internet Explorer 7" topic in the help. Please read that topic and see if taht helps.
As for the drop down problem, I'm not sure that's necessarily a problem with TC. As much of a "cop out" as it sounds, I have also experienced problems with TC selecting the wrong drop down and it turns out to be my problem with the original recording.
Now, it COULD be possible that, if you've changed your drop down list between recording and playback to include a new item AND you're record was based upon the index of the item instead of the text code, that could have the same behaviour. Could you confirm whether the drop-down click is on the index of the item or the name?
Automated Testing Evangelists
Definition expert - noun - Unknown drip under pressure
Thank you, IE7 was the problem. I am now using the workaround and my scripts are still working fine.
As for the drop down, I do make mistakes but I am certain that this wasn't the case. You see at the login screen you can pick from "workflow" or "execution". Then when you login in the upper right corner is a header telling you which you logged into. I then used a property compare checkpoint to see that the header is correct.
So when recording I selected execution and then created the property compare against the execution header. The script correctly captured the execution header which could not have happened if I had incorrectly chosen workflow. It had captured the wrong choice at login. Then I modified the script so that it was picking execution. Then when I ran the script after that it worked correctly, which would not have happened had I made the selection incorrectly during recording