I have TestComplete 6.40.344 implemented on a 64 bit Vista virtual machine that becomes inconsistently non-responsive throughout the day. I have allocated the recommended system requirements for Vista according to the documentation. Sometimes this behavior occurs when I scroll through my scripts, when I check documents in, when I start TestComplete, when I close TestComplete, etc. It hasn't been consistent. There was a post back on 8/22 that doesn't seem to have a resolution after sending the requested information: http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.ph...e=5#Post509627
Unfortunately, the information provided by the other user did not help us find the cause of the problem. Please update to the latest version of TestComplete (v. 6.50) and check whether the problem persists. If it does, please follow the steps provided in the post mentioned above and send us the dump file via Contact Support Form (http://www.automatedqa.com/support/message.asp).
I can tell you from experience that are so many things that can cause TestComplete to stop responding that it may appear to be inconsistent, but I have been able to determine several causes despite the lack of an error log file.
- referencing an object on a page that is no longer visible, or an object that doesn't exist
- waiting on an object that doesn't become available (btw using the stop test button in this situation can lead to restarting your computer)
- getting too many changes from source control
Today I experienced a new frustration with TestComplete. In the middle of editing my test, on a computer that was not connected to source control, TestComplete just quit. No error message. I launched the application and began reimplementing my changes when the application quit again.
[ QUOTE ]
so many things that can cause TestComplete to stop responding
[/ QUOTE ]
We have not observed this behavior on our side. However, we might be able to find the cause of the problem if you generate a memory dump for us when TestComplete hangs. To do this, please follow the steps below: