Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

web compare does not work with resized window

Hi, I am using the demo and will be purchasing the enterprise edition. I have a site that I am testing and I am using web comparison checkpoints to see if the page matches. The problem is that the checkpoint is capturing window size information which isn't desired behavior. Thus if I unmaximize the window or otherwise cause the window to be a different size the test fails. I would appreciate any help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: web compare does not work with resized window

Hi,

The window size shouldn't affect the checkpoint. Perhaps, attributes of some page objects contain some information on their size in your case (for example, if your HTML code is dynamic). I suggest that you pass 'true' as the Compare method's ReportDifference parameter and check the warning this method posts - it will let you know where the actual HTML and the stored HTML mismatch.
    Jared - AQA Support

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

here is an error:

The following code:
    <DIV id=maindiv style="HEIGHT: 526px" align=center>

was changed to:
    <DIV id=maindiv style="HEIGHT: 556px" align=center>

Sys.Process("iexplore").Page("http://setpoint-tst-app.local.enlabel.com/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fDefault.aspx")

so yeah, it is just a size thing. The question is, what is the easiest way to ignore that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,

You can use the 'Compare only tag structure' option when creating checkpoints (see the "Web Comparison Checkpoint Parameters" section of the "Web Comparison Checkpoints" help topic). This will make TC ignore attributes.
    Jared - AQA Support

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

but that ignores the data in the elements right? For example, in my application there is a place where you can change your name and a place where it displays your current name. I want to be able to do a test where you change your name and then you check the site to see if the name has been updated. It you only look at the tags they don't change and thus the test will always be passed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,

In this case, if you need to validate a value, you can obtain the object which holds this value and check its properties (or use an Object checkpoint). Unfortunately, there is no way to ignore some attribute differences by using Web Comparison checkpoints.
    Jared - AQA Support